Systems Administrator II
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is seeking a Systems Administrator II to be part of the infrastructure team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in enterprise datacenter and networking technologies. The systems administrator II is part of a team that supports NCTCOG server, storage, network, backup, and cloud technologies. It requires general knowledge of Cisco routing and switching equipment, VMWare and Microsoft active directory environment. This position is part of a rotating on call schedule for afterhours support and system monitoring.
- Knowledge of enterprise network and data center best practices.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in datacenter hardware and software.
- Knowledge of public and private cloud technologies impacting enterprises.
- Knowledge of WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, and internet technologies.
- Knowledge of switching and routing principles, practices, and techniques.
- Skill in troubleshooting Lan, WAN and Microsoft technologies.
- Skill in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Skill in managing Microsoft 365 online environment.
- Skill in virtualization technology.
- Skill in configuring and managing Cisco routing and switching equipment.
- Skill in managing a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Skill in managing a VMware virtualization environment with shared storage.
- Skill in managing on premise and remote backup solutions.
- Skill in managing wide area networks between multiple sites including MPLS and SD-WAN.
- Skill in updating windows servers and cisco networking environments.
- Ability to create documentation.
- Ability to provide users support network, server and Microsoft 365 technologies.
- Ability to prioritize daily work assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written.
- Ability to coordinate updates and upgrades to software and equipment.
- Ability to learn newly implemented technologies quickly.
- Ability to document system functionality and technical notes.
- Ability to be on a rotating on call schedule.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in technology is preferred and 1-3 years related work experience.
- One (1) years of experience working with enterprise technology.
- Technical certifications preferred for this position include CCNA (or higher), MCSA, CompTIA. ITIL V4 Foundation certification must be obtained within 6 months from date of hire
$50,000 - $60,000 depending on skills and qualifications.
- Flexible work schedules
- Based on performance, job duties, and business requirements, hybrid work environment, may include remote work opportunities
- Extensive training opportunities
- A competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is located in Arlington, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.