Commercial Loan Assistant
The Commercial Loan Assistant will provide administrative and operational support to commercial lenders, borrowers, and credit analysts. The assistant will be responsible for the scheduling and coordination of closings, the preparation of closing documents and conducting all necessary due diligence. This person will perform administrative functions as requested, will answer customer inquiries, will prepare department reports and will resolve routine to complex problems.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent commercial lending experience
- Background in financial institution’s commercial lending procedures
- Background in understanding legal documentation and loan operations for commercial lending purposes
- Experience using LaserPro software is preferred
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares commitment letters, loan closing documents, and attorney fee sheets, also coordinates loan closings with outside counsel
- Prepares modification agreements and ensures accuracy of both legal documentation and system of record
- Conducts all necessary due diligence for commercial loans to include: ordering and reviewing appraisals, environmental reports and corporate searches; filing uniform commercial code filings
- Responsible to upload legal and credit file documentation to imaging system, as well as maintenance of accurate bank records
- Ensures loan and credit files contain documents with proper signature, legal descriptions, closing dates and other relevant data along with compliance with federal and state regulations
- Responsible for timely follow up on post-closing items
- Responsible to set up construction loans in system for advance inspection requests and monitoring percentage complete
- Answers email and telephone requests to assist customers concerning routine and complex loan inquiries and requests
- Provides administrative assistance to loan officers as needed
- Responsible to ensure all duties are completed in compliance with federal and state legal/regulatory requirements as well as bank policies and procedures
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of loan structuring and ability to read and analyze a loan approval and file to ensure that all documentation and loan packages adhere to loan approvals
- Good understanding of lending procedures, laws, and regulations
- Sound knowledge of loan policy, compliance, loan operations and quality customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and proven organizational skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements
- Compliance with BSA regulations as appropriate to the position
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to use standard equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers
- Requires manual dexterity and sitting for longer periods of time
- Must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the Bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours
- Occasional local travel for Bank purposes
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. It is expected that from time-to-time other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and therefore, required.
MutualOne Bank offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package which includes, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Bank match, paid vacation, paid holidays, group term life insurance, long term disability & short-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and an employee assistance program. Salary range $45,771 - $71,970.
MutualOne Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics or status as a protected veteran.
This position is located at 160 Cochituate Road, Framingham, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.