Human Resources Administrator
Summary / Objective
This position is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Human Resources Department, as well as supporting the responsibilities of the Human Resources Officer which include (but may not be limited to): recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee relations and compliance records and reports.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience in human resources field
- Knowledge of federal and state human resources policies
- Knowledge of employment and other labor laws
- Communicates annual departmental policies, and obtains signed acknowledgement forms to employee base
- Emails employees announcing new employees, promotions, transfers, degrees, completion of classes, births, obituaries, retirement, etc.
- Checks employee time sheets, vacations, and PTOs online on a weekly basis and produces the reports for payroll processing
- Updates payroll calendar, and prepares the payroll vouchers to record the journal entries
- Serves as a backup for the payroll processing activities if necessary
- Email employees regarding open positions being posted internally
- Coordinates new hire welcome bags and orientation paperwork and coordinates new employee photos at beginning of employment
- Trains new employees on Online payroll system, performs daily maintenance and answers supervisor’s questions
- Reconciles department and benefits related general ledger accounts monthly
- Updates employee records on a regular basis (including but not limited to updates of personnel files with annual salary increases, promotions, transfers, changes to emergency contact information, etc.)
- Email performance review templates and job descriptions to supervisor and/or manager and ensure completed in a timely manner
- Develops and maintains various spreadsheets for employee benefits and other records
- Maintains Silkroad, which includes uploading resumes, emailing applications, etc.
- Maintains internal employee Intranet
- Manages and maintains employee insurance changes and resolves issues related to enrollment and billing
- Manages ahealthyme/Wellness Program, including flu clinic, monthly, quarterly, and annual raffles
- Manages the health and dental insurance benefits for the retirees and ensures timely payments
- Manages the FMLA and/or PMFL (processes and participation) within for the employees
- Obtains approval, and processes, monthly departmental bills
- Facilitate and track employee of the month awards, including providing recipient with gift card, as necessary/requested
- Assists the Human Resources Officer on special projects
- Orders and maintains all supplies for the department as necessary (including for new hires), and the Defibrillator (pads, etc.)
- Bank Secrecy Act responsibilities include completing annual basic Bank Secrecy Act training, reporting suspicious activity to the BSA Officer and “Knowing Your Customer.”
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Good analytical, interpersonal, communication and computer skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to use standard equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers
- Requires manual dexterity and sitting for longer periods of time
- Must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the Bank
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. It is expected that from time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MutualOne Bank offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package which includes, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Bank match, paid vacation, paid holidays, group term life insurance, long term disability & short term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and an employee assistance program.
MutualOne Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics or status as a protected veteran.
This position is located in Framingham, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.