Business Development Officer
Business Development Officer
Summary / Objective
The Business Development Officer is responsible for sourcing and development of prospective and potential clients and for securing buisness banking sources and products. The BDO is focused on the development of sales and on maintaining and expanding referral sources. The Business Development Officer is also responsible for analyzing the customer base and current sales strategies and identifying opportunities to increase existing accounts and develop new accounts. This position requires proven leadership in business banking, a track record of exceeding explicit goals, and the ability to demonstrate premier client service. In addition to generating core deposit business, this candidate has the ability to recognize and refer cross-selling opportunities to Commercial Lending and Residential Mortgage.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience in finance or accounting
- Extensive knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures
- Good interpersonal, communication & computer skills
- Minimum of 2 years of related banking experience
Essential Job Functions:
- Understands the target markets and the market strategies that can be used to attract clients
- Maintains relationships with current clients and identifies new prospects
- Collaborates with colleagues and peers on the sales, marketing, and product development teams to improve overall customer experience and satisfaction
- Discusses client needs, problems or complaints with management
- Arranges meetings between clients or prospective clients and appropriate financial institution representatives
- Represents the financial institution in various civic and community functions to enhance its image and develop new business
- Assists in product and service development to ensure customer satisfaction and for the benefit of the organization
- Recommends upgrades of an existing product and introduction of new products and services when necessary
- Maintains knowledge of department policies and procedures through internal and external training activities
MutualOne Bank offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package which includes, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Bank match, paid vacation, paid holidays, group term life insurance, long term disability & short term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
MutualOne Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees in regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics or status as a protected veteran.
Join our team and work at a Bank where employees drive the success of the company!
This position is located at 160 Cochituate Road, Framingham, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.