Commercial Loan Assistant
Commercial Loan Assistant
Summary / Objective
The commercial loan assistant will provide administrative and operational support to commercial lenders, borrowers, and credit analysts. The assistant will be responsible for the scheduling and coordination of closings and preparation of closing documents and conducting all necessary due diligence. This person will perform administrative functions as requested, will coach team members, will answer customer inquiries, will prepare department reports and will resolve routine to complex problems.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent commercial lending experience
- Background in financial institution’s commercial lending procedures
- Background in understanding legal documentation and loan operations for commercial lending purposes
- Experience using LaserPro software is preferred
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares commitment letters, loan closing documents, attorney fee sheets and coordinates loan closings with outside counsel
- Prepares modification agreements and ensures accuracy of both legal documentation and system of record
- Conducts all necessary due diligence for commercial loans to include: orders and reviews appraisals and environmental reports, corporate searches; files uniform commercial code filings
- Ensures loan files contain documents with proper signature, legal descriptions, closing dates and other relevant data
- Ensures all loan and credit files comply with federal and state regulations
- Responsible for timely follow up on post-closing items
- Responsible to set up construction loans in system for advance inspection requests and monitoring percentage complete
- Responsible to upload legal and credit file documentation to imaging system and maintenance of accurate bank records
- Answers email and telephone requests to assist customers concerning routine and complex loan inquiries and requests
- Provides administrative assistance to loan officers as needed
- Responsible to ensure all duties are completed in compliance with federal and state legal/regulatory requirements as well as bank policies and procedures.
- Attends in-house and external training, as needed
MutualOne Bank offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package which includes, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Bank match, paid vacation, paid holidays, group term life insurance, long term disability & short term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
MutualOne Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees in regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics or status as a protected veteran.
Join our team and work at a Bank where employees drive the success of the company!
This position is located at 160 Cochituate Road, Framingham, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.