Summary / Objective
The Credit Analyst is responsible for determining and monitoring credit risk in the commercial loan portfolio. Responsibilities include collecting and analyzing financial statements, preparing loan memoranda and annual reviews, determining and assigning risk ratings, reviewing real estate appraisals and assisting in the administration of the Bank’s credit policies. The analyst may also perform market research and perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
- 2-5 years of credit and financial statement analysis experience
- Good interpersonal, communication & computer skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluates the financial condition of individuals and businesses applying for credit with the financial institution
- Analyzes loan data on new and existing loans and borrower relationships, including data provided by credit bureaus, other financial institutions and financial institution files.
- Determines if loan requests meet sound underwriting standards.
- Prepares and presents memos and management reports to the Security Committee on a regular basis.
- Identifies credit risk situations and provides guidelines to line of business lending managers.
- Oversees and manages financial information files to assure current financial statements, accounts receivable and other information on customer accounts
- Reviews and updates new and existing loan files for the financial institution on an as needed basis.
- Prepares spreadsheets, reports, summaries and opinions for financial institution officers on new, renewal and existing loans
- Maintains knowledge of department policies and procedures through internal and external training activities
- Works under general supervision and in compliance with established policies, procedures and regulations.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Familiarity with federal and state regulations regarding lending and related departments.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles with ability to prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Advanced written, oral, and interpersonal skills with ability to prepare and make presentations.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.
- Compliance with BSA regulations as appropriate to the position.
MutualOne Bank offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package which includes, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Bank match, paid vacation, paid holidays, group term life insurance, long term disability & short term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
MutualOne Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees in regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics or status as a protected veteran.
Join our team and work at a Bank where employees drive the success of the company!
This position is located in Framingham, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.