Sr. Loan Servicing Representative
Sr. Loan Servicing Representative
Summary / Objective
The Sr. Loan Servicing Representative is responsible to perform a variety of loan servicing functions in connection with commercial, real estate and consumer loans including booking loans on Bank’s core system document maintenance, tracking and review of all pending loan documents and exceptions, end of month financial reporting.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent lending experience
- Background in financial institution’s real estate, commercial and/or consumer lending procedures
- Excellent understanding of lending procedures, Federal and State lending regulations
- Proven customer service skills
- Knowledge of Government Sponsored Entity (GSE) reporting (FNMA, SBA)
- Assists customers with basic loan and mortgage inquiries
- Sets up loans on Bank’s core system
- Performs loan maintenance transactions such as printing notices, payoff processing, unapplied payments, returned payments, tax and insurance escrow disbursements and loan modifications
- Researches and prepares responses to credit bureau disputes
- May manage collections activities for consumer and residential loans to include telephone calls, letters to borrowers and documentation of same
- Daily/Monthly reporting of FNMA MPF loans
- Works with Commercial Lending Assistants to ensure all loan files are properly documented. Ensures loan guidelines are followed and loans are serviced properly in accordance with all company procedures
- Documents client interactions and accurately capture data using company loan servicing systems
- Performs final check list on all credit and collateral files after confirming that all documents are in file and that the file is complete
- Responds to research and documentation inquiries from internal and external customers and auditors and examiners
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of banking regulations and policies and procedures
- Knowledge of loan processing practices, methods and procedures
- Knowledge of Commercial, Real Estate and Consumer loan files and documents
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & computer skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem- solving skills
- Ability to provide courteous, knowledgeable and professional customer service on the phone
- Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, exercise good judgment and make and act upon decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform accurate data input into a variety of software.
- Successful completion of in-house training programs or other approved training programs
- Compliance with BSA regulations as appropriate to the position
MutualOne Bank offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package which includes, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Bank match, paid vacation, paid holidays, group term life insurance, long term disability & short-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and an employee assistance program.
MutualOne Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics or status as a protected veteran.
This position is located at 49 Main Street, Natick, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.