CSCS Dahlgren Senior System Engineer
Noblis MSD is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Reston, VA. Noblis MSD's engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. Our employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. Noblis MSD values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of Noblis MSD's employees are veterans.
Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) is headquartered in Dahlgren, Virginia, and oversees a training domain that consists of 14 learning sites and detachments located throughout the continental United States, Hawaii, Japan, and Spain. The CSCS Mission is to prepare Sailors to operate, maintain and tactically employ sensors, weapons, communications, combat systems and deck equipment to meet Fleet Warfighting Readiness requirements through schoolhouse learning sites and waterfront training detachments. CSCS also provides platform-specific and billet-specific maritime warfare training to surface warfare and other naval officers assigned to surface ships to provide a technical foundation and tactical application commensurate to the billet and anticipated shipboard watchstanding duties.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will provide direct support for all matters associated with supporting CSCS training mission. Candidates must have at least 8 years’ experience in the design, operation and/or maintenance of U.S. Navy Combat Systems, Demonstrated experience in the analysis of recommended changes and in determining the impact on system readiness and user functionality. Experience in reading design documents, evaluating high level interface block diagrams, evaluating commercial equipment, part task trainer emulations and simulations for applicability to create flexible and cost effective training and readiness capabilities.
Routine duties include:
- Coordinate meetings and events to include building agendas and presentations based on knowledge of relevant topics; providing advance briefings to senior leadership; coordinating facility use; and drafting post-event reports
- Analysis of recommended engineering changes to determine system impacts
- Analysis of overall training system readiness and user functionality
- Compose technical documentation and manage databases, as needed
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required
- Facilitate events both in face-to-face settings as well as over video teleconferences
- Experience in reading design documents and evaluating high level interface block diagrams
- Experience evaluating commercial equipment
- Experience supporting part task trainer emulations and simulations
- Experience supporting systems engineering methods to create flexible and cost-effective training and readiness solutions to meet goals and objectives
- Must have high proficiency with MS Office as well as web-based applications and databases
- Must be able to work independently and respond to short notice tasking
- Highly skilled in Excel
8 years’ experience in the design, operation and/or maintenance of U.S. Navy Combat Systems, Demonstrated experience in the analysis of recommended changes and in determining the impact on system readiness and user functionality. Experience in reading design documents, evaluating high level interface block diagrams, evaluating commercial equipment, part task trainer emulations and simulations for applicability to create flexible and cost effective training and readiness capabilities.
- Must have a DOD Security Clearance of SECRET or higher
- Must be able and eligible to travel
- Past experience associated with U.S. Navy Training
Noblis MSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis MSD is an E-Verify company.