Army Watercraft Shipyard On-site Representative
Noblis MSD is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Noblis MSD's engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. Our employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. Noblis MSD values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of Noblis MSD's employees are veterans.
Noblis MSD is seeking technical and production support to the Army Watercraft Program during the Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) for the Landing Craft Utility (LCU) vessels in the form of an On-site Representative (OSR). The OSR shall be stationed at Bay Ships & Yacht Shipyard in Alameda, CA.
- Technical proficiency to read and interpret Army drawing packages.
- Requisite knowledge of the industrial ship building and repair field.
- Experience with aluminum welding processes and welding inspection techniques, including American Welding Society (AWS) D1.2 and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Rules for Materials and Welding.
- Ability to perform the tasks independent of direct oversight.
- Secret clearance or ability to obtain secret clearance required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in a technical or quality assurance capacity with shipyards in repairs and installation on Army Watercraft vessels or systems
- 25% travel
Noblis MSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis MSD is an E-Verify company.