Project Financial Analyst
Accounting and Finance
Noblis MSD is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Noblis MSD's engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. Our employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. Noblis MSD values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of Noblis MSD's employees are veterans.
Noblis MSD has an opening for a Project Financial Analyst in support of contracts with the USN to perform overall Cost Estimation/Cost Engineering, Scope Analysis, Financial Management and Modeling. The ideal candidate has a background in financial and project management with analytical experience, understands and is familiar with the principles of project management, is well written and well spoken.
This position supports the Noblis MSD Program Management Office (PMO) in the financial execution of contract tasking. Candidate will work directly with various project managers and project control teams and is responsible for reporting on the financial health of the project as well as schedule and deliverable tracking for multiple contracts. Candidate must be in the San Diego area.
Principal role of monitoring, controlling, financial management and historical financial data collection and oversight in support of Program and Project Managers.
- Funding analysis, profitability tracking, labor & non-labor financials, program funding charts, monthly expenditure charts, ETC/EAC calculations, Earned Value Management (EVM) charts and cost variance charts to analyze historical financials and track current task spending
- Developing detailed cost estimates (labor and ODC) throughout the contract and prior to each contract award term
- Understand government contract structures, track and manage contract mods and funding lines to coincide with budgets
- Documented high degree of proficiency with MS Office Suite, web-based applications and databases (specifically Excel)
- Understanding of Earned Value Management principles
- Basic analytical skills, and strong numerical skills are necessary
- Former DoD experience highly desirable (military or civilian)
- Understanding of timekeeping and financial management systems, DELTEK/Cost Point/COGNOS/Claritas financial management systems is preferred
- 4+ years supporting DoD clients in related role
- Understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Understanding of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9XXX
- Understanding of the DoD Acquisition System and Planning Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) system a plus
- Familiarity with USN organizations, functional missions, environment and programs
- PMP Certification is desired
- BA/BS in Financial, Business, or Analytics related field with 5-7 years of experience, or 8-10 years related documented experience if no degree, performing a combination of financial, project management and analytical functions
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
- Project Management Office (PMO/PCO) and/or specific contract support experience is a must
- Proficiency in Excel
Noblis MSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis MSD is an E-Verify company.