Accounting and Finance
Noblis MSD is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Noblis MSD's engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. Our employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. Noblis MSD values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of Noblis MSD's employees are veterans.
Based in our Reston, Virginia office, the selected individual will play an integral senior-level role within the Business Operations team supporting the Noblis MSD subsidiary and Shared Services teams. Reporting directly to the Business Operations Director and working with other team members, this position will be supporting a broad range of business/financial/accounting-related functions.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Support of project management tools and procedures
- Support of subcontract management tools and processes
- Compliance tracking and reporting (including Service Contract Act reporting, eCRAFT reporting, Navy Tripwire monitoring, etc.)
- Proposal support
- Monthly journal entry set up
- Liaison with other Shared Services departments
- Other related duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field with a minimum of 12 years related experience
- Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including high-level Excel skills
- Demonstrated experience with U.S. government cost accounting, budgeting, invoicing, and reporting
- Experience supporting CPFF, T&M and Fixed Price contracts
- Knowledge of government cost accounting regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and with a team
- Strong initiative, detail orientation, organizational skills, and aptitude for numbers
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-oriented environment
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint accounting system and Cognos Enterprise Reporting (CER) a plus
- Experience with managing a cross-functional team a plus
- Experience with U.S Navy contracting a strong plus
Noblis MSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis MSD is an E-Verify company.