Project Control Analyst
Accounting and Finance
Noblis MSD is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Noblis MSD's engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. Our employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. Noblis MSD values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of Noblis MSD's employees are veterans.
Located in our Reston Virginia office, the selected individual will be an integral part of the Project Control team supporting the Noblis MSD organization and the Shared Services teams. The final work location may change based on responsibilities and other circumstances. These responsibilities will include program and project charge number setup and preparation and management of risk mitigation plans in support of our overall business strategies. This position will also support our Project Control team implementing and managing budgets in support of our internal financial systems and reporting.
Reporting directly to the Noblis Project Control Manager and working with other team members, this position will be responsible for multiple Project Control and financial requirements.
- Working with team members, develop and support WBS and project/task number structures
- Review and understand contractual funding and program/project strategies
- Support our Procurement and Accounts Payable team on open invoice items
- Work with the Accounts Receivable team in supporting accurate customer invoices
- Direct interface with Program and Project leaders developing cost and schedule baselines
- Provide budget, cost and EAC analysis on direct and indirect project and programs
- Responsible for weekly/monthly cost and schedule variance analysis vs. our planned baselines
- Work with our Finance team supporting FY/Quarterly cost and revenue planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field with a minimum of 3 years related experience
- Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite. Strong working knowledge of excel a must
- Demonstrated experience with U.S. government cost accounting, budgeting, and reporting
- Experience supporting CPFF, T&M and Fixed Price contracts
- Knowledge of government cost accounting regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and with a team
- Strong initiative, detail orientation, organizational skills, and aptitude for numbers
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-oriented environment
Desired: Experience with Deltek Costpoint accounting system and Cognos Enterprise Reporting (CER) a plus
Noblis MSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis MSD is an E-Verify company.