Noblis MSD is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business. Our engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. Our employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. Noblis MSD values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of Noblis MSD's employees are veterans.
Noblis MSD is seeking Computer Engineers to support U.S. Navy ship system development. Responsibilities include:
- Provide software development lifecycle support for Navy ship programs
- Develop and/or modify computer code using languages such as C/C++, C#, Java, and/or Python
- Develop software for embedded systems
- Develop and/or modify network configurations
- Develop software unit tests in order to demonstrate that the modified computer programs satisfy requirements
- Develop software change packages and participate in peer reviews
- Utilize software issue reporting databases
- Develop technical documentation in support of efforts
- Maintain technical software development skills to contribute to new software development efforts
-Travel up to 25%
Openings range from junior to senior level engineers.
Software development skills using C/C++, C#, Java, and/or Python
Familiarity with network protocols including TCP/IP and UDP
Familiarity with CMMI concepts a plus
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
DoD Secret clearance (or ability to obtain one upon position acceptance) required
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Professional experience coding and debugging in C, C++, C#, Java, and /or Python
Experience with software version control tools (SVN, GIT)
Experience with database development using MS Access and/or SQL
Experience with integrated developer environments such as Visual Basic, Eclipse, and/or Netbeans
McKean Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.