Project Control Analyst
Accounting and Finance
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean has an opening for a Program/Project Financial Analyst in support of contracts with the United States Army to perform overall Cost Estimation/Cost Engineering, Scope Analysis, Financial Management and Modeling. The ideal candidate has a background in finance and/or financial management with analytical experience, understands and is familiar with the principles of project management, is well written and well spoken.
This position supports the program and/or project manager working with the project control office team, and is responsible for reporting on the financial health of the project. Candidates from both the Philadelphia, PA and Virginia Beach, VA areas will be considered.
- Perform principle role of monitoring, controlling, financial management and historical financial data collection and oversight in support of Program and Project Managers. Responsibilities include funding analysis, profitability tracking, labor & non-labor financials, program funding charts, monthly expenditure charts, ETC/EAC calculations, Earned Value Management (EVM) charts and cost variance charts to analyze historical financials and track current task spending
- Develop detailed cost estimates (labor and ODC) throughout the contract and prior to each contract award term
- Understand government contract structures, track and manage contract mods and funding lines to coincide with budgets
- Documented high degree of proficiency with MS Office Suite, web-based applications and databases (specifically Excel)
- Understanding of Earned Value Management principles
- Basic analytical skills, and strong numerical skills are necessary
Professional certifications and skills that provide added value but are not required:
- Former DoD experience highly desirable (military or civilian)
- Understanding of timekeeping and financial management systems, DELTEK/Cost Point/COGNOS/Claritas financial management systems is preferred
- 4+ years supporting DoD clients in related role
- Understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Understanding of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9XXX
- Understanding of the DoD Acquisition System and Planning Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) system a plus
- Familiarity with U.S. Army organizations, functional missions, environment and programs
- Worked in Project Management principled environment is a plus
- BA/BS in Financial, Business, or Analytics related field with 5-7 years of experience or
- MS/MA in Financial, Business, or Analytics related field with 1-3 years experience or
- 8-10 years related documented experience if no degree, performing a combination of financial and analytical functions
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
- Project Management Office (PMO/PCO) and/or specific contract support experience is a must
- At interview, be prepared to demonstrate proficiency in MS Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.