Senior HBSS Engineer
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Cabrillo has an immediate opening for an HBSS Systems Engineer.
This HBSS Systems Engineer and Administrator will work as part of a team to develop HBSS policies, create installation, configuration, and maintenance procedures. The individual in this position will work as part of a team to evaluate and recommend new technologies and to enhance current capabilities of established networked systems.
- Responsible for developing HBSS policies, and associated agents and endpoint products
- Create, deploy, and manage custom HBSS signatures
- Monitor HBSS for intrusions, failures and other issues
- Monitor HBSS software to ensure that the clients/servers are operational and reporting properly
- Provide system requirements development
- Plan, design, and evaluate various components of a networked system *Provide advanced technical analyses of network challenges and problems and be able to develop/implement technical solutions
- Conduct analysis of malicious events and know exploits/vulnerabilities for the creation of custom signature rule sets for the accompanying modules, as necessary
- Provide detailed reports on system status, module deployments and event trends
- Create custom reports as necessary to meet mission requirements
- Perform troubleshooting of local and remote installation of HBSS components and deployments of HBSS products and policies
- Install updates to McAfee software as released and in compliance with STIG requirements
- Deploy, maintain, and tune McAfee HBSS products so that clients meet current and future standards
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to be approved for a TS/SCI clearance.
- Current DOD 8570 IAT II cert or above
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must have expertise in HBSS ePO and associated products, including HIPS, ENS, PA, MA DLP, VSE, RSD and supporting applications such as MS SQL and MS Windows Server 2012, 2016 and Windows 10
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- DOD 8570 IAT III
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities and strong communication skills
Basic and Advanced HBSS DISA certificates.
- 3+ years of HBSS related experience and Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of IT related experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree
- Windows Server 2012 or 2016 experience
- VMware virtualization of desktops, applications and servers experience
- Experience with building and maintaining a ePO server
- Experience with building and maintaining a SADR
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.