Licensed Practical Nurse - PRN
The Licensed Practical Nurse will work under the supervision of the Nurse Manager. The LPN provides patient care in accordance with regulatory, licensing and accreditation standards. Assists in carrying out the medical components of the clinical service plan for the respective unit. Assists in preparing patients for examination, treatment and implementing patient care treatment programs. Involvement in modified supportive counseling/education, and continuous participation in groups, organizations or agencies involved with substance abuse problems.
- Provide physical care for clients commensurate with LPN training and under the supervision of Nurse Manager/Physician. (Details further explain in job description.) Maintain clinical records and required paperwork in compliance with agency standards. Prepare, administers, and records the administration of medication as required. Adhere to procedures regarding medication management. Participated as team member in treatment planning for each individual patient. Provide education pertaining to health, hygiene, nutrition, and prenatal issues as needed.
- Responsible for counting, recording, and keeping all controlled medications properly secured. Give reports on clients at the beginning and end of each work shift. Carries out college’s policy and procedures.
- Assist in developing nursing procedures as needed
- Perform other departmental duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend nursing monthly meeting, all necessary training assigned by Meharry Medical College, State of Tennessee and any other accrediting agency requirements assigned by the training coordinator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform LPN duties
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with others
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in life threatening situations to consumers and in other emergency situations
- Ability to participate in the preparation of a variety of operational records and reports
- Ability to express oneself, clearly, and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Certification in CPR, First Aid, the Heimlich maneuver, and competency in AED training and administration
- LPN training and TN licensure required.
- Minimum of six months to one year related experience.