Registered Nurse (RN)
The Registered Nurse will work under the supervision of the Nurse Manager. The RN provides patient care in accordance with regulatory, licensing and accreditation standards. Assists in carrying out the medical components of the clinical service plan for the respective unit.
- Provide physical care for clients commensurate with RN training and under the supervision of Nurse Manager/Physician. (Details further explain in job description.) Assists the physician in assessments, physical examinations and treatments such as taking blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration when needed. Collecting specimens for laboratory exams as ordered and needed. Also gives injections or TB skin test as per physician orders. Maintain clinical records and required paperwork in compliance with agency standards. Observes, records and reports indicative signs and symptoms of clients physical and mental conditions. Prepare, administers, and records the administration of medication as required. Receives and gives report on clients at the beginning and end of each work shift. Adhere to procedures regarding medication management. Participated as team member in treatment planning for each individual patient. Provide education pertaining to health, hygiene, nutrition, and prenatal issues as needed.
- Responsible for counting, recording, and keeping all controlled medications properly secured. Give reports on clients at the beginning and end of each work shift. Carries out college’s policy and procedures.
- Assist in developing nursing procedures as needed
- Perform other departmental duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend nursing monthly meeting, all necessary training assigned by Meharry Medical College, State of Tennessee and any other accrediting agency requirements assigned by the training coordinator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform RN duties
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with others
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in life threatening situations to consumers and in other emergency situations
- Ability to participate in the preparation of a variety of operational records and reports
- Ability to express oneself, clearly, and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Certification in CPR, First Aid, the Heimlich maneuver, and competency in AED training and administration
- RN training and TN licensure required
- Minimum of six months to one year related experience
For Further Information or Questions regarding this role, you may contact Meharry's Talent Acquisition Specialist below.
Jouvie Henderson (she, her, hers)