Clinic Nurse Manager
- Responsible for the direct supervision of clinical staff in the specific clinics managed and provides for the planning and daily operations of those clinic. Develops and facilitates in-services and drills, guides new employees through orientation process, schedules and facilitates training, cross-training and continuing education of all clinical employees, motivates and leads staff, acts as liaison between clinical staff and all other departments, ensures staff is meeting all required job expectations and compliant with all AAAHC, OSHA and CMS guidelines. The Clinical Nurse Manager will be responsible for the management of multiple clinic sites.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of the delivery of clinical support services to MMC clinical practices which includes providing clinical support as needed in all areas and other locations.
• Provides clinical monitoring, training and compliance support to all clinical staff and acts as a role
model, teacher and resource person. Ensures all clinics operate under the guidelines of the clinic and in agreement with regulatory policies and procedures. Writes and implements clinical policies and procedures.
• Monitors patient flow and creates and maintains clinic staff employee schedules, maintains efficient
FTE/patient ratio, investigates patient flow problems and develops solutions, encourages open communication with all associates, including physicians, coordinates technician daily assignments. Coordinates physician schedules with front desk staff.
• Responsible for assuring customer/patient service needs are met. Monitors patient service
feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues. Plans and initiates process improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
• Builds strong positive communication with physicians and works as a team to enhance the success
of the practice.
• Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure personnel policy development and communication
to staff to achieve consistency in labor and employee relations.
• Steps in and performs clinic staff duties as needed and other related duties including eCW
Jellybean and other clinical and nonclinical duties as assigned.
• Must have knowledge of theory, principles, techniques, and practices of professional nursing; of scientific principles and nursing research; of preparation, administration, and actions of medications, including vaccines; of treatments and medical procedures; of counseling and teaching techniques; of medical equipment as it relates to patient care.
• Be able to originate and develop new methods of completing tasks assignments.
• Possess good oral and written communication skills.
• Be able to handle confidential data.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and physicians.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Understanding of practice management and eCW software within 90 days of continuous employment.
• Must have a “team minded” approach.
• Leadership ability with strong motivational skills.
• Has a working knowledge of all clinical procedures in clinic. Assists with quality of care services provided to patients by the clinical staff.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Current CPR certification, ACLS and BLS certification
- Valid License as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee required
- 6 years of related experience, preferable in an outpatient clinic setting to include 3-4 years in a supervisory capacity.
For Further Information or Questions regarding this role, you may contact Meharry's Talent Acquisition Specialist below.
Jouvie Henderson (she, her, hers)