Clerical and Administrative
This position provides oversight and intensive substance abuse case management services. This includes proactive linkage to more intensive substance use disorder services, infectious disease treatment (HIV/HCV) and social services including job training and acquisition of insurance. The case-manager is primarily located in the Meharry Addiction Clinic but will also be required to do work in the community to ensure patients follow-through with service engagement. The applicant in this position will also provide brief counseling in conformance with office based opioid treatment regulations.
• Manage client linkage to services for substance use disorder, infectious disease prevention and treatment and other social service needs.
• Conducts brief counseling with clients monthly, and more frequently when appropriate.
• Conducts check-in meetings with client support members as necessary.
• Compiles and submits program reports as required.
• Provides support services to facilitate a better understanding of individual substance use.
• Maintains current knowledge of treatment options, medical care, patient assistance programs, housing, and employment assistance programming.
• Attends appropriate training and regular supervised meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Maintains an ongoing log of communication
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of substance abuse treatment
• Ability to interact effectively with staff, clients, agencies, etc.
• Demonstrated effective supervisory skills
• Ability to assess crisis situations and respond appropriately
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality in a culturally competent setting
• A Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field; or equivalent experience and training.
• Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization and community.
• PC proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft- Work, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge and ability to access community resources.