The position provides drafting support through the use of computer-aided design systems to produce construction documents for single-family and multi-family residential homes incorporating methods of construction that maximize efficient use of building materials and simplified assemblies resulting in cost effective construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce permit drawing sets for single-family and multi-family residential homes from existing master drawing databases to comply with buyer selected options, community specifications and division standards.
- Provide additional relevant architectural documentation required for permit applications and construction starts.
- Publish permit drawing sets in the division requested format and in-house printing/plotting of same.
- Provide assistance in the development of new master drawing database construction documents.
- Review construction in the field for compliance with construction documents, note any differences encountered, confer with others regarding revisions, and make revisions to documents or provide additional clarifying information as may be required.
- Maintain log(s), memos or other forms of communication, documenting changes made to construction documents.
- Make revisions to existing working construction document databases to comply with required code changes, specifications, structural requirements and design enhancements.
- Confer with the sales and construction teams for custom plan clarifications and field required revisions.
- Assist in the continued refinement of CADD standards, and adherence to these standards in day-to-day work tasks.
- Maintenance of department equipment including computers, CADD system, small and large format printers including troubleshooting, upgrades, etc.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate ideas relative to residential design and construction required. Computer literacy and working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Microsoft Word and Excel software programs required. Knowledge of REVIT a plus. Must be able to read blueprints and have mathematical aptitude to perform complex calculations. Excellent organizational skills are required to coordinate a variety of tasks within deadlines and time constraints with little direction from others. Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization.
The applicant shall have completed an Associate’s degree (A.A.) in drafting, architecture or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, have a minimum of three to five years of full-time similar employment experience or a minimum related work experience of seven to eight years and possess a thorough knowledge of residential wood frame construction with regard to building code requirements and construction techniques adopted, and in common usage in the geographical area in which the work will be done.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located at 9349 Waterstone Blvd Ste 100, Cincinnati, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.