Mortgage Loan Processor
Processes applicable documentation for FHA, VA and Conventional mortgage loan applications and prepares required packages for loan approval.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers, analyzes and processes necessary documentation from applicant(s), credit bureaus, employers, and various creditors to verify financial information and credit standings
- Reviews, organizes and collates application and loan information to ensure timeliness and accuracy in providing a useable credit file to be submitted to underwriting for approval
- Communicates with applicant(s), underwriters and/or creditors to resolve problems or questions regarding application information
- Assists with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
- Able to close between 15 to 20 files per month.
Skills and Abilities:
Customer-service oriented with good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization. Ability to elicit, interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to underwriting guidelines and lender requirements. Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented aptitude. General administrative abilities to include typing, filing and use of computer, calculator, copier and facsimile machines.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate. College degree preferred. Two to three years of recent experience in a processing role in the residential mortgage industry.
Some weekend work may be required.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I Financial, LLC 4131 Worth Ave, Suite 460, Columbus, OH 43219. Company NMLS# 50684. For information on MIF licensing, please visit https://www.mihomes.com/financing.
This position is located at 6801 N. Capital of Texas Highway Lakewood II, Ste 100, Austin, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.