Sales and Closing Administrator
Compiles, reviews, analyzes and verifies sales documents, obtains, reviews and verifies necessary closing documents for single-family homebuyers to coordinate and ensure timely and accurate completion of scheduled homebuyer closings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies sales pricing for accuracy and processes new home sales contracts, change orders, verifies and processes customer selection sheets, selection revisions, pricing changes etc; performs data entry to computer system for new customer information and revisions.
- Compiles all sales information; prepares and distributes weekly and monthly sales reports as required.
- Prepares job/non job deposits for the division by scanning the checks and sending via a web-based program to the bank and creates a spreadsheet for Corporate.
- Obtains closing documents; updates and maintains customer files to include surveys, certifications, loan approvals, deeds, etc. Performs computer data entry of information and prepares appropriate reports as required.
- Acts as a liaison between the Construction Supervisor and homebuyers relative to pre-settlement and closing information.
- Schedules, organizes and monitors pre-settlement dates and closing appointments; coordinates such with appropriate internal departments as well as with both title and mortgage companies. Provides updated home statuses to include changes in scheduling, etc.
- Verifies and records home buyer deposits; compiles, prepares and copies final closing document packages.
- May assist in general administrative tasks for Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Performs additional assignments as requested by supervisor.
- Will play key role in identifying and executing tasks that will enhance sales team productivity.
- May play a role in execution and implementation of marketing plans.
Skills and Abilities:
- General office and administrative skills to assist in the processing of departmental work flow.
- Customer-service oriented with professional and courteous attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization; good organizational skills and detail-oriented aptitude.
- General computer knowledge including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Pivotal and JDE helpful but not required.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate with basic academic and practical skills gained through school curriculum combined with at least one year of related work experience and/or training; general knowledge of home building industry within the scope of sales contracts and the understanding of closing procedures and practices.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located at 10910 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. N. Suite 500, Houston, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.