Provides assistance to the home buyer in selecting interior and exterior options to enhance the personalization of the home building process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares for the Design Center appointment, confirms appointment time, sets up new home folder with all the info and tools for appointment
- Provides the customer with communication and support during the entire building process
- Will assist homebuyer in coordinating all the interior and exterior color selections required for the building process
- Prepares and reviews initial Color Selection Sheets; prepares Change Orders as required; verifies accuracy of information and pricing prior to submitting to Sales Admin for processing.
- Provides specific product information and sets the expectations of all the products to the customer
- Prepares and reviews initial Color Selection Sheets; prepares Change Orders as required; verifies accuracy of information and pricing prior to submitting to Sales Admin for processing
- Confirms exterior color selections of adjacent homes to ensure color selections are not duplicated
- Coordinates selections/options and submits selection paperwork by specific deadline to ensure building process is not delayed
- Assists with day-to-day operations in the absence of the Design Center Manager.
- Assists with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service-oriented
- Personality and ability to work well with others for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization
- Highly Skilled in communication and developing relationships
- Strong organization skills as well as detail-oriented aptitude to provide accurate information
- Design background preferred with general knowledge of blueprint and plot map reading to assist in the selection process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel.
Minimum Education Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in interior design or other related field or a minimum of one year related experience and/or training; general knowledge of home building industry relative to designs and color coordination.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located at 5350 77 Center Drive, Charlotte, NC. View the Google Map in full screen.