Mortgage Loan Officer
M/I Homes, a top 20 national home builder, continues to quickly grow its Dallas/Ft. Worth operation. They seek to expand their loan officer staff for its builder financing subsidiary, M/I Financial, located in Lewisville. The successful candidate must be well versed in origination of all types of mortgage loans and be very familiar with conventional, FHA, and VA loan guidelines.
The position offers:
- Steady work environment – driven only by builder new home purchase sales – NO refinances.
- Monthly draw with quarterly paid incentives.
- Ideally suited for those seeking originations from a captured (builder sold) customer base.
- Generous paid time off structure.
- Flexible scheduling to allow for weekend work to meet customer needs.
- Conveniently located just off the Sam Rayburn Tollway, minutes from I-35E in Lewisville.
- Entire loan operation – origination, processing, underwriting - locally based.
- Team partnership with a top 20 national builder.
- Discount on employee new home purchases.
- 401K and Profit Sharing.
- Full Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance.
Originates residential first mortgages from traditionally very high capture home builder sales leads. Partners with home builder in providing high touch and financially knowledgeable loan origination services, leading to successful on-time home closing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with new home sales personnel to initiate contact with purchasers in completing loan application and collecting supporting documentation to support loan approval.
- Prepares and communicates initial Loan Estimate.
- Prequalifies potential borrowers as needed.
- Oversees all customer loan price negotiations.
- Manages the overall loan transaction by communicating with applicant(s), processors, underwriters and/or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Oversees timely scheduling of loan closing to meet home builder and borrower needs.
- Maintains an active NMLS and State of Texas SML loan origination license.
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
High school graduate, with some college preferred, and at least three (3) years of experience in the mortgage field. Previous experience as a loan officer is preferred.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I Financial, LLC 4131 Worth Ave, Suite 460, Columbus, OH 43219. Company NMLS# 50684. For information on MIF licensing, please visit https://www.mihomes.com/financing.
This position is located at 405 State Highway 121 Ste. A-210, Lewisville, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.