Mortgage Loan Officer
For 40 years, M/I has built its reputation for quality, service, and genuine customer care, one home at a time. Today, nearly 100,000 homes later, the M/I Difference continues to instill confidence in our homeowners. M/I Homes operates 15 divisions in 11 states serving 19 major markets.
M/I Financial LLC is a full service mortgage lender actively searching for a Loan Officer for our Houston, TX office. We have an exciting opportunity for an individual who is prepared to make a difference in the lives of our homebuyers while originating loans for high quality newly built homes. You will be part of a team that ensures our homebuyers receive the highest quality of service, professionalism and industry knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates and originates new loan packaging services; communicates new loan programs to branch manager, assists the home buyer with financing needs. Provides information to sales staff on current mortgage rates, loan programs and qualification of buyers to assist in potential sales.
- Interviews loan applicants to gather specific information relative to credit, employment, and financial history.
- Analyzes and evaluates applicant financial status and credit information to determine qualification and use of appropriate loan programs.
- Ensures loan applications are complete and accurate according to policy and for delivery to underwriting for approval.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
Customer-service oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization. Strong organization and negotiating skills to develop new business. Ability to elicit, interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to underwriting guidelines and lender requirements.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate with at least one year of relevant course study including seminars and workshops in addition to specific training in loan origination combined with a minimum of two years related experience; thorough knowledge of loan processing and underwriting fundamentals. State of Texas Loan Officer License required for Texas employees.
Valid driver’s license required for travel remote sales offices and potential business associates.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I Financial, LLC 4131 Worth Ave, Suite 460, Columbus, OH 43219. Company NMLS# 50684. For information on MIF licensing, please visit https://www.mihomes.com/financing.
This position is located at 10910 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. N. Suite 500, Houston, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.