Leads sales department through the development and implementation of sales strategies to achieve profit potentials, quota attainment, and sales goal achievement commensurate with M/I Homes objectives. Assists in critical path sales training, through one on one dialogue with NHC on a biweekly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and motivates sales staff to achieve weekly, monthly and yearly sales goals. Monitor and enhance New Home Sales Consultant performance and efficiency to ensure successful programs are developed and sales goals are achieved consistently.
- Assigns sales team appropriate quotas, goals, and sales areas and continuously monitor these goals as well as team morale.
- Actively and continually trains and coaches sales people to reach their selling potential through company initiatives and the critical path.
- Continuously improve and periodically gather competitive information and assist in analyzing data to secure market share and positioning & complete quarterly comp reports.
- Acts as liaison between sales team, home owners, production, office staff and other management team members to resolve issues, concerns, and questions to ensure the Company objective of 100% total customer satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
- Assists sales team meetings to lead, inspire, and train.
- Recruitment and retention of high quality personnel and culling out of low performance personnel when necessary.
- Continuously challenges sales staff with their professional growth.
- Lead the sales team to continuously improve strategies on how to assist in the efficiency of our manufacturing process.
- Directly supervises sales team through leadership and guidance of operating activities during weekly planned encounters designed to maximize self-generated traffic.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer-service orientation with ability to handle difficult situations.
- Self-motivated with persuasive attitude and outstanding leadership, negotiation and organizational skills; detail-oriented aptitude.
- General construction knowledge and ability to read blueprints helpful.
- Decisiveness and good judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills to act with authority and take risks in an environment with little direction from others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside organization.
- Working knowledge of given market in relation to geographical locations.
- Self-prospecting & realtor relationship skills and experiences.
- Ability to recruit and train NHC & Associates.
- Ability to assess competitive sales environment and provide effective counter-measures or solutions.
- Makes sure all communities, sales offices, and models are up to brand standards.
Minimum Education Experience:
Specific training in sales and marketing techniques combined with three to five years of related experience; related industry supervisory experience; and thorough knowledge of the home building industry relative to sales and marketing strategies and techniques.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Travel demands which require possession of a valid driver’s license.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located at 10910 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. N. Suite 500, Houston, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.