Accounts Payable Administrator
- Process all overhead, production and customer care invoices for payment.
- Date stamp and distribute all incoming mail daily.
- Ensure invoices obtain signatures per company authorization matrix before applying payments.
- Code vendor invoices per coding matrix book.
- Run overage report, enter changes into JDE per estimators request and balance out vendor for payment.
- Filing and maintaining of paid invoices, checks, files, and vendor correspondence.
- Affidavits per company policy.
- Check requests per company policy.
- Auto-pays – insuring that the corporate accounts payable department has the correct terms and amounts.
- Complete and send all vendor update forms to the corporate accounts payable office.
- Process credit applications for new accounts.
- Assist subcontractors and vendors with billing and payment information.
- Conduct all correspondence with vendors and subcontractors concerning invoicing and payments.
- Review subcontractor statements for past due invoices, issues, etc.
- Maintain the authorized to charge list and periodically sending updated lists to all vendors who require.
- Help receptionist with phones per schedule.
- Obtain current and original insurance certificates for all active vendors. Use the subcontractor insurance check list and company policy to ensure compliance requirements are satisfied. Input current expiration dates in the JDE address book for future monitoring.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
- Must have accounts payable experience, preferably with a homebuilder.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance, or have 5 years’ experience in Accounts Payable role.
- Proficient with MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to navigate multiple systems and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast paced office environment and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail along with problem solving skills.
- Customer-service oriented.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to business and administrative procedures; administrative skills to assist in the processing of departmental work flow. Good written and verbal communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization. Good organizational skills and detail-oriented aptitude to coordinate several activities simultaneously. Good knowledge of word processing, desktop publishing and spreadsheet software packages.
Minimum Education Experience:
Associates Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance, or 5 years’ experience in Accounts Payable role; related supervisory experience; good knowledge of home building industry preferred relative to accounts payable procedures.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located at 9349 Waterstone Blvd Ste 100, Cincinnati, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.