Loan Officer Assistant
M/I Homes, a top 20 national home builder, continues to quickly expand its division in Houston. They seek a Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant for its builder financing subsidiary, M/I Financial, located in Northwest Houston. The successful candidate must be well versed in loan origination of all types of mortgage loans, including conventional, FHA, and VA.
The position offers:
- Steady work environment – driven by builder new home purchase sales – NO refinances.
- Conveniently located just off Sam Houston Parkway North, minutes from Hwy. 290 and 249.
- Salary + Bonuses based on work volume achieved.
- Monday through Friday work environment.
- Generous paid time off structure.
- Entire loan operation – origination, processing, underwriting - locally based.
- Team partnership with a top 20 national builder.
- Discount on employee new home purchases.
- 401K and Profit Sharing.
- Full Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance.
- Assists loan officers in completing FHA, VA, and Conventional loan applications, preparing the loan for automated approval, and submission to processing.
- IDEAL GROWTH POSITION for those aspiring to become successful loan officers.
- Company offers paid education for NMLS and State of Texas licensing, which is expected shortly after hire date, and required for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with loan officers, builder sales representatives, and new home purchasers to assist all parties in completing the purchase transaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for interaction with a variety of customers both inside and outside the organization.
- Elicits, interprets, analyzes, and evaluates given information relative to underwriting guidelines and requirements.
- Qualified and comfortable contacting customers by phone or email to discuss the loan, request documentation, and answer non-complex questions.
- Assists the Loan Officer in maintaining customer satisfaction and sales capture to meet goals.
- Adequately interprets AUS findings and knows documentation needed based on those findings.
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
High school graduate, with some college preferred, and at least three (3) years of experience in the mortgage field.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I Financial, LLC 4131 Worth Ave, Suite 460, Columbus, OH 43219. Company NMLS# 50684. For information on MIF licensing, please visit https://www.mihomes.com/financing
This position is located at 10910 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. N. Suite 500, Houston, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.