Provide general administrative support for the Escrow Officers. Will perform routine office duties and assigned tasks as required, as well as answering phones.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to perform all tasks of the Escrow Receptionist
- Prepare and send opening letters and “thank you” acknowledgements to all parties
- Order title commitments and distribute to all parties
- Order and update payoff/assumption statements as requested
- Prepare receipts for all funds received from Customers and/or lenders
- Order wire transfers and provide wiring instruction
- Clear title requirements
- Prepare loan packages for return to lender
- Assist branch manager with administrative tasks as requested
- Receive builder report, order survey, contact the lender, obtain hazard insurance, enter basic order information on automated system, obtain HOA information, help schedule and coordinate times for closings
- Prepare copies for disbursement and closing transmittals
- Assist Closer/Escrow Officer with final policy disbursement, as directed
- Monitor required inspection information
- On a limited basis, answer Customers’ questions and/or telephone calls concerning the administrative process of the parties’ transactions; and answer real estate agents’ questions and/or telephone calls concerning the status of their pending files
- Cancel files according to office procedure
- In addition to the above duties, the escrow assistant may have post closing job responsibilities:
- Assist with pre-closing files: Assure that all information is accurate and matches the original Purchase Contract, e.g. zip codes, property address, spelling of names, marital status of buyers, reading Surveys for encroachments, if any, etc.
- Prepare and ship closing packages: Assure that each package is complete and properly signed by all parties.
- Prepare documents for recording in different Counties: Assure that documents sent for recording fulfill not only the Recording Regulations, but also the Lenders'.
- Prepare both Loan and Owners' Policies and mail them out
- Prepare endorsements to Policy, when applicable.
- Responsible for whereabouts of closing files
- Assist Branch Manager with administrative tasks.
- Customer Service - Take calls from lenders, buyers, attorneys, realtors, insurance companies and others are handled on a daily basis.
Minimum Education Experience:
High School graduate, some college preferred. Prior title experience helpful but not a requirement for this job.
Skills and Abilities:
Strong customer service oriented individual with good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside the organization. General administrative abilities should include typing, filing and use of computer, calculator, copier and facsimile machines. Must be quick thinking and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Schedule may require later hours on occasion.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Lewisville, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.