Loan Officer Assistant
Prepares applicable documentation for FHA, VA and Conventional mortgage loan applications and recommends required packages for loan approval.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage the loan process from origination to funding, analyzing documentation, anticipating needs, and proactively taking action.
- Collects required documentation, and communicates loan application status to team members and real estate agents.
- Responds to inquiries from team members, real estate agents, title companies, and mortgage operations associates.
- Updates internal software systems for reporting.
- Uploads documentation and packages loan applications for submission to processing.
- Sets appointments with customers on behalf of MLO.
- Attends weekly pipeline meeting with our local builder.
- Adheres to company and regulatory timelines.
- May occasionally originate mortgage loan applications and lock rates directly in the loan origination system.
- Reports to the Branch Manager.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
Customer-service oriented with good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization. Ability to elicit, interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to underwriting guidelines and lender requirements. Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented aptitude. General administrative abilities to include typing, filing and use of computer, calculator, copier and facsimile machines.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate with at least one year of relevant course study including seminars and workshops combined with at least one year of related experience and/or training; general knowledge of loan processing and underwriting fundamentals. State of Texas Loan Officer License required for Texas employees (can be obtained after hire).
Some weekend work may be required. Valid driver’s license required for travel remote sales offices and potential business associates.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I Financial, LLC 4131 Worth Ave, Suite 460, Columbus, OH 43219. Company NMLS# 50684. For information on MIF licensing, please visit https://www.mihomes.com/financing.
This position is located at 6801 N. Capital of Texas Highway Lakewood II, Ste 100, Austin, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.