M/I Homes has been building new homes of outstanding quality and superior design for more than 40 years. Founded in 1976 by Irving and Melvin Schottenstein, and guided by Irving’s drive to always “treat the customer right,” we’ve fulfilled the dreams of over 140,000 homeowners and grown to become one of the nation’s leading homebuilders. M/I Homes started as a family business and grew into a national leader in a single generation with divisions in 16 markets, including Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Orlando, Raleigh, San Antonio, Sarasota, and Tampa.
Develops and produces construction documents and town of townhouses assigned divisions from standard plans and conceptual drawings for single-family residential homes. Utilizes principles, methods and materials of construction that maximize construction techniques and provide the most cost-effective methods of production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce Lot Specific Plans (LSP’s) for permitting of construction from standard construction documents and any customization that may be required
- Makes revisions to existing working construction documents to comply with required code changes, specifications, structural requirements, and design enhancements.
- Develops and produces master construction documents from conceptual drawings through the use of computer-aided design systems.
- Reviews working construction documents for compliance with state and local building codes and regulations.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
- Coordinates with outside consultants (e.g., truss, mechanical, structural)
Minimum Education Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in an architecture or construction related field or degree from related technical school. 3 years related experience working for a production homebuilder.
Skills and Abilities
Creativity and ability to visually communicate ideas relative to design and specifications; visual orientation and ability to conceptualize and understand spatial relationships. Computer literacy and fluent in AutoCAD Architecture 2011 or higher. Ability to read blueprints. Excellent organizational skills to coordinate a variety of tasks within deadlines and time constraints with little direction from others. Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of organization. Knowledge of current Florida Building Code and local municipal requirements. Knowledge of regional construction techniques. Fluent in AutoCAD Architecture (v.2011 or higher) with extensive use of Project Navigator and Xfers’.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and paid holidays, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Indianapolis, IN. View the Google Map in full screen.