M/I Homes has been building new homes of outstanding quality and superior design for more than 40 years. Founded in 1976 by Irving and Melvin Schottenstein, and guided by Irving’s drive to always “treat the customer right,” we’ve fulfilled the dreams of over 140,000 homeowners and grown to become one of the nation’s leading homebuilders. M/I Homes started as a family business and grew into a national leader in a single generation with divisions in 16 markets, including Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Orlando, Raleigh, San Antonio, Sarasota, and Tampa.
Job Summary: The position provides drafting support through the use of CAD systems to produce accurate construction documents for single-family and multi-family residential homes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce permit drawing sets for single-family and multi-family residential homes from existing master drawing files to comply with buyer selected options, community specifications and division standards.
- Provide additional relevant architectural documentation required for permit applications and construction starts.
- Publish permit drawing sets in the division requested format and in-house printing/plotting of same.
- Provide assistance in the development of new master plan files.
- Review construction in the field for compliance with construction documents, note any differences encountered, confer with architect regarding revisions, and make revisions to documents or provide additional clarifying information as may be required.
- Maintain log(s), memos or other forms of communication, documenting changes made to construction documents.
- Make revisions to existing master plan files to comply with required code changes, specifications, structural requirements and design enhancements.
- Confer with the sales and construction teams for custom plan clarifications and field required revisions.
- Assist in the continued refinement of CADD standards, and adherence to these standards in day-to-day work tasks.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
- Coordinate with outside consultants (e.g. truss, mechanical, structural) and in-house departments (e.g. purchasing, sales) on plan development and revisions.
The applicant shall have a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or have completed an Associate’s degree (A.A.) in drafting, architecture or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, have a minimum of five years of full-time relevant employment experience and possess a thorough knowledge of residential wood frame and masonry construction with regard to building code requirements and construction techniques adopted, and in common usage in Florida.
Skills and Abilities
Computer literacy and fluency in AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (or later), Microsoft Word and Excel software programs required. Extensive use of Project Navigator and Xrefs. Must be able to read blueprints. Excellent organizational skills are required to coordinate a variety of tasks within deadlines and time constraints with little direction from others. Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization. Professional appearance and a consistent work history with relevant experience is mandatory. Successful candidates will be team players with a strong production background, possess the ability to consistently manage a heavy workload with strict deadlines, while still adhering to established in-house quality control standards.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and paid holidays, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Tampa, FL. View the Google Map in full screen.