Sales and Marketing Intern
College-level and Internships
Assists the Sales & Marketing team in the overall sales process from the development and use of professional marketing materials and digital content, lead generation, developing buyer and local relationships, to sale selection, and community management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to NHC throughout the sales and selection process.
- Represents M/I Homes in a professional manner while possessing a positive attitude.
- Assists with opening models to ensure a professional presentation.
- Assists New Home Consultants (NHC) with presentations to realtors.
- Register customers and input information in Pivotal system.
- Assists NHCs in creating and sending flyers to customers, realtors, current homeowners, special events to generate traffic, grand openings, open houses, etc).
- Support the inventory home marketing program by processing website updates, tracking completion dates, editing and labeling photos to upload, and reviewing pricing for accuracy.
- Performs routine administrative functions including, but not limited to, work processing, pricing updates, ordering and maintaining sales materials supplies, etc.
- Assists with monitoring accuracy of collateral material (handouts, brochures, and all sales literature), and website.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
- Assist with tactical marketing.
- Help in planning and hosting marketing events.
- Perform market analysis and research on competition.
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
The Sales & Marketing Intern will learn:
- Effective management of sales generation
- How to market and manage a community
- How to build relationships with home buyers, realtors, and the local community
- The process to show the community, lots and spec homes to prospects and realtors.
- Documentation required for the sales process.
Skills and Abilities:
Customer service, computer skills.
Minimum Education Experience:
Current enrollment in a related undergraduate program or recent graduate.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Typical office environment.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position is located in Chicago, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.