Liaison between Land department and Land Acquisition departments, serving as an internal advisor and knowledge expert regarding critical land aspects of new communities. Provides system, process, customer service, and contract administration for division Land & Land Acquisition operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes initial property research and assists in preparation of LOIs
- Assists in the coordination of the Land/Lot Purchase Agreements and resolution of title matters
- Leads contract administration from execution of contract to completion of all contract obligations, including managing deposits, seller/buyer deadlines, and post-closing responsibilities
- Prepares materials for zoning presentations and public hearings
- Responsible for bonds and LOCs required by municipalities and other government agencies
- Monitors Land Development schedules
- Monitors critical dates chart
- Compiles and organizes land legal bills against budget for approvals
- Ensures transfer of required land to HOAs, government, etc. prior to Division’s exit from a community
- Advises Division departments on specific land aspects on new communities for critical business decisions
- Develops Kick-Off Meeting presentations for Division leadership incorporating key land components for strategic planning
- Manages community handoff from Land to Sales and Homebuilding departments
- Completes community start-up checklists
- Establishes new community subdivision set-up, including lot set-up and addressing
- Establishes HOA corporation documents and approves initial build out budgets
- Serves on HOA Board for all new communities
- Manages decisions on management company requests, budgets, and homeowner-initiated requests
- Manages and maintains department records and files
- Assists with special projects as requested
- Performs additional duties as required
Skills and Abilities:
Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project Management.
Minimum Education Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Civil Engineering, Real Estate, Development, or other related degree. Two to four years of experience in a related field.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Requires some local travel within the market.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position is located in Houston, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.