Provides general administrative and multi-line telephone support for an assigned division or department. Performs routine assigned tasks through the use of basic office skills in conjunction with direction from supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers all incoming telephone lines, responds to routine inquiries, takes messages for and routes calls to appropriate individuals. Meets and greets visitors and clients. May organize, schedule, and monitor appointments.
- Provides general administrative support for assigned division or department including routine processing of correspondence from rough or revised drafts, data entry, preparation of miscellaneous reports, etc. May compile and verify information for reports from given information.
- Performs other clerical tasks such as establishing and maintaining filing systems, copying, filing and preparation and distribution of mass mailings.
- Ensures routine work items are received, organized and routed as directed by supervisor. May maintain required records and documentation.
- Orders and maintains inventories for office supplies and other required materials.
- Assists in the coding and processing of Accounts Payable invoices including copying and filing.
- Opens, sorts, date stamps and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail including first class, overnight and bulk mailings.
- Performs additional assignments as requested by supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
General office and administrative skills with ability to answer multiple-line telephone and take or provide accurate information. Customer-service oriented with professional and courteous attitude. Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of organization; ability to follow oral and written instructions. Good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software packages.
High school graduate with basic academic and practical skills gained through school curriculum combined with at least one year of related work experience and/or training; general knowledge of routine administrative skills and office functions.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Tampa, FL. View the Google Map in full screen.