Post Closing Officer
For over 40 years, M/I has built its reputation for quality, service, and genuine customer care, one home at a time. Today, more than 120,000 homes later, the M/I Difference continues to instill confidence in our homeowners. M/I Homes operates in 10 states with 15 divisions.
M/I Financial, LLC is a full service mortgage lender actively searching for a Post Closing Officer to work in our Corporate office located in Columbus, Ohio.
Monitors the receipt of and performs audits of real estate loan documentation to ensure compliance with applicable guidelines and procedures. Prepares final loan packages for shipping to new servicers including investors and mortgage lenders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains, monitors the receipt of and audits all applicable loan documentation.
- Performs computer data entry and indexing of loan documents to provide a saleable loan package for investors and to ensure mandatory shipping deadlines are met.
- Communicates with title companies, branch personnel and other internal parties to resolve questions and concerns regarding loan review.
- Accurately performs insuring of government loans/activates mortgage insurance.
- Performs various administrative tasks including but not limited to typing, scanning and copying.
- Must be able to manage time, remain organized, maintain accuracy and efficiency, as well as develop reasonable speed of loan review.
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer-service oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to adapt within an ever-changing environment and procedures.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate information relative to closing and underwriting guidelines.
- Good organizational skills and detail-oriented aptitude.
- Ability to troubleshoot is a must.
- General administrative skills including typing, filing and use of computer, calculator, copier and facsimile machines.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate with basic academic and practical skills gained through school curriculum combined with up to one year general work experience and/or training; general knowledge of loan processing and underwriting fundamentals.
Some weekend/overtime work may be required.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I Financial, LLC 4131 Worth Ave, Suite 460, Columbus, OH 43219. Company NMLS# 50684. For information on MIF licensing, please visit https://www.mihomes.com/financing.
This position is located in Columbus, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.