Starts & Programming Coordinator
This position oversees the Daily Starts, Start related, Permitting and Job Start Budgetary functions within the assigned division. Responsible for analyzing budgets and costs for Division. Will have office management responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects required information to acquire new home construction building permits
- Oversee assigned communities Starts on a daily, weekly, monthly basis to match Divisional Objectives utilizing the “Start Tracker” report.
- Runs Lot Start job budgets and provides all construction documents needed for single family home construction to field personnel.
- Procure and Coordinate all necessary items (Engineering, Energy, HVAC, Plumbing and Irrigation designs) to submit job data to the applicable municipality obtaining a building permit.
- Manage the red lining of plans as it relates to the Releasing of purchase orders and address specific plans to the respective municipalities, trades and vendors.
- Work with Accounts Payable securing check request for construction and water permits per municipality.
- Distribute accurate and complete building budgets, construction documents and permit checks to the construction managers as forecasted by the “Starts Tracker” Report.
- Work with municipalities achieving an even flow and accurate permitting process while maintaining the highest level if integrity and professionalism.
- Communicate and implement any and all necessary code compliance changes based on City Municipalities.
- Obtain an Even Flow Starts process.
- Obtains, verifies, calculates and hard cost items including costs for permits, driveways, public works and lot programming in order to provide accurate housing budgets.
- Compiles, verifies and provides updated costing information for data entry to estimating system.
- Arranges budgets for housing starts including listing of costs for standard and non-standard pricing items.
- Maintain all address specific plans; color selects, and change orders in the Extranet.
- Administer and distribute accurate purchase orders within the allotted time frame.
- Maintain Starts related Lot Start Work file’s based on effective prices.
- Perform Starts Package Review Audits among piers.
- Issue and control any Starts related EPO’s and costs.
- Daily Duties and Reporting
- Issue and verify Change Orders that are Spec/Buyer related daily.
- Assist in updating and maintaining standard operating procedures for the Starts / Purchasing Department.
- Assist in relationship building with subcontractors and trade partners.
- Research, as needed, any outstanding purchase order, extra purchase order, and invoice payments as it relates to certain circumstances.
- Assist in the Review and Analysis of monthly Gross Margins as they pertain to Starts.
- Weekly Divisional reporting of product changes.
- Continue to improve the efficiency and productivity of Starts / Permitting Department.
- Daily Communication of Starts released to construction.
- Perform monthly reserve forecasting for assigned subdivisions
- Assist the Purchasing / Estimating Manager with researching and implementing new products, construction processes and/or services
- Analyzes overbudget report and provides weekly feedback on progress.
- Ensures closed loop interdepartmental communication and issue resolution
- Responsible for overall accuracy of job budgets for assigned communities.
- Strategic departmental planning and structure
- Performs additional assignments as requested by Manager.
- Ability to read and Interpret blueprints.
- Fluent in Excel, Word and Adobe applications
- Understanding of the overall building process, terms, techniques and procedures.
- College graduate or minimum of 2 years budgeting experience in homebuilding.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Lewisville, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.