Coordinates division purchasing and pricing information management processes including but not limited to: costing, ensuring system data integrity, mediating field/trade communications, and assisting in the development of housing budgets. Division purchasing function administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides general administrative support for purchasing department including routine processing of correspondence from rough or revised draft, data entry, preparation and/or maintenance of miscellaneous reports and vendor files. May compile and verify information for reports.
- Processes subcontractor bids; reviews and analyzes monthly cost changes to provide and maintain accurate sales pricing and housing budgets.
- Manage the changes orders process to ensure change orders are being processed and cost are getting applied correctly
- Responsible for fielding all Construction related question related to the Purchasing Department and mediating any day to day issues between our Trade Partners, Construction Supervisors, and Sales Team.
- Responsible for projecting time frames of vendor transitions or changes to the Division.
- Arranges training/ informational meetings with new or existing Trades to ensure proper expectations are established across all departments.
- Responsible for building & ensuring that the Division’s data structure (costing) is constructed in an efficient way.
- Determining the criteria and format for vendor bids to be entered into JDE data base.
- Maintain divisional specifications for the different product lines.
- Ensuring all divisional and national rebate dollars are captured.
- Review and update option sales prices regularly to maintain required margins.
- Seeks out, compiles, and analyzes potential cost savings for the Division within the Market.
- Performs additional assignments as requested by supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
General office and administrative skills to assist in the processing of departmental work flow. Customer-service oriented with professional and courteous attitude. Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of organization; ability to follow oral and written instructions. Good working knowledge of word processing, estimating and spreadsheet software packages.
Minimum Education Experience:
College degree preferred with High School diploma required combined with at least three years of related work experience and/or training; general knowledge of administrative skills and office functions.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Cincinnati, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.