Accounts Payable Supervisor
Coordinates and supervises the activities of the accounts payable department of an assigned division or area in the processing of a large volume of invoices. Maintains proper controls to ensure timely check processing and accurate budget costs in accordance with Company objectives, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises accounts payable staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and supervises the workflow of the accounts payable department and its staff. Participates in processing tasks in conjunction with staff, which includes, but is not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training new employees; performance evaluations; scheduling and assigning work tasks, etc.
- Establishes and follows up on all Accounts Receivables from homeowners, other builders and insurance companies.
- Supervises the processing of accounts payable check run; reviews and verifies final reports; may assist in preparation and distribution of checks to appropriate parties.
- Processes, if applicable, miscellaneous overhead invoices, utility bills, and petty cash reimbursements.
- Reviews invoice overages to ensure accurate data entry.
- Cuts all imprest checks for permits and miscellaneous requests.
- Prepares new subcontractor accounts; and communicates billing and processing procedures.
- Establishes and tracks all construction trailers and construction phone lines.
- Researches and analyzes past due invoices, miscellaneous errors, incorrect entries, etc.; resolves as appropriate.
- Maintains all hardware accounts.
- Completes credit application for divisions and compiles, reviews and prepares various reports and schedules for management as required.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of invoice filing system.
- Maintains vendors’ insurance, worker’s comp and contracts.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate given information within the scope of accounts payable procedures; problem-solving and analytical capabilities to handle a variety of issues with little direction from others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as customer-service oriented personality to interact with a variety of people inside and outside organization.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate with basic academic and practical skills gained through school curriculum combined with one to five years of related work experience and/or training; related supervisory experience; good knowledge of home building industry preferred relative to accounts payable procedures.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Cincinnati, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.