Provide strategic support to the Land Department by developing the analysis of sub-markets, working with entire Land Team to develop an overall growth strategy, and assembling market justifications for Land Deals. Tracks monthly updates of sales and pricing for current M/I Homes and competitor communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop in-depth market analysis of Charlotte: includes competitive Sales/Closing data, Job Growth data, School Assessment data, etc.
- Own Zonda / Metro Study data
- Own Land Maps
- Assist in developing overall growth strategy
- Identify sub-markets we will target and with what product
- Determine the timing/need for our strategic growth
- Develop market support for new community and product concepts (i.e. Urban)
- Assemble market justification for LAFs
- Shop area competition to validate our assumptions
- Assess our own internal sub-division activity to validate our assumptions
- Gain alignment with Sales Leadership on market/product position
- Assist on Land Acquisitions
- Assist with identification of viable sites
- Assist with determining overall deal structure
- Assist with deal negotiations with seller
- Assist with On-going sales operation Analysis
- Develop relationships with competition to gain insight into where we need to be priced
- Prepare monthly Competitive Graphs to present to Sales Executives highlighting our strengthens and areas of opportunity
- Visit competition on a rotating basis to ensure data we receive is accurate
Skills and Abilities:
Persuasive attitude with outstanding negotiation and organizational skills; detail-oriented aptitude. Ability to research, interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to the acquisition and disposition of appropriate land sites. Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of organization. Strong marketing skills with ability to identify available products; capable of handling responsibility for large land purchase budget; required inventories and purchase of such. Decisiveness and good judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills to act with authority and take approved risks in an environment with little direction from others. Working knowledge of given market and geographical locations.
Minimum Education Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent in specialized training from a four-year college or technical school combined with three years related experience.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Travel demands which require possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record to comply with Company-issued vehicle policies.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Charlotte, NC. View the Google Map in full screen.