Provides assistance to the home buyer in selecting interior and exterior options to enhance the personalization of the home building process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the following customer appointments:
- PreSale Previews – Conducts tour and overview of options for prospective buyers
- Previews – Presents new home buyers with a tour and presentation of Included Features and Optional Upgrades
- Color Sessions – Coordinates and finalizes all color selections required for home building process
- Provides assistance and specific product information to new home buyers during “browsing time” (after Preview and/or prior to Color Session).
- Prepares and reviews initial Color Selection Sheets; prepares Change Orders as required; verifies accuracy of information and pricing prior to submitting to Sales Admin for processing.
- Confirms exterior color selections of adjacent homes to ensure color selections are not duplicated.
- Coordinates selections/options for “Inventory/Spec” homes and submits Color Selection Sheets by specific deadline to ensure building process is not delayed.
- Researches and provides information on selections to subcontractors and appropriate Company representatives.
- Maintains samples in a workable and organized manner.
- Assists with day-to-day operations in the absence of the Design Center Manager.
- Assists with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service-oriented personality and ability to work well with others for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization.
- Good verbal and written communication and organization skills as well as detail-oriented aptitude to provide accurate information.
- Design background preferred with general knowledge of blueprint and plot map reading to assist in the selection process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel.
Minimum Education Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) with at least one year of relevant course study including seminars and workshop combined with a minimum of one year of related experience and/or training; general knowledge of home building industry relative to designs and color coordination.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Chicago, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.