For over 40 years, M/I has built its reputation for quality, service, and genuine customer care, one home at a time. Today, more than 120,000 homes later, the M/I Difference continues to instill confidence in our homeowners. M/I Homes operates in 10 states with 15 divisions.
M/I Financial LLC is a full service mortgage lender actively searching for a Junior Underwriter to work in our Corporate office located in Columbus, Ohio.
Performs administrative tasks to support the review of FHA, VA and Conventional loan applications and corresponding documents to Automated Underwriting System (AUS) cases. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides back-up support to the underwriting staff by performing the following tasks:
- Communicates with Branch Managers and Loan Officers regarding questions and concerns related to loans and applications
- Assists in the development of alternatives for solving difficult loan scenarios.
- Facilitates messaging within the UW department for general and escalated issues.
- Calculates loan-to-values, qualifying ratios
- Reviews current updates and bulletins on underwriting guideline manuals.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to research and evaluate given information relative to underwriting guidelines and lender requirements.
- Good customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization.
- General administrative skills including typing, filing and use of computer, calculator, copier and facsimile machines.
Minimum Education Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent in specialized training from a two-year college or technical school combined with one to 3 years of related experience and/or training; knowledge and understanding of mortgage underwriting terminology and guidelines.
Weekend work may be required.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I Financial, LLC 4131 Worth Ave, Suite 460, Columbus, OH 43219. Company NMLS# 50684. For information on MIF licensing, please visit https://www.mihomes.com/financing.
This position is located in Columbus, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.