Land Acquisition Manager
In conjunction with land development and related corporate staff, negotiates and coordinates the acquisition and disposition of land for the development of single-family residential home subdivisions. Monitors and supports the acquisition process through final contract and closing phases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locates and acquires land for the development of subdivisions in a given market and geographical areas.
- Actively participates in divisional strategic planning for future growth.
- Analyzes given markets for possible acquisitions within targeted profitability ranges and feasibility criteria established by corporate management.
- Develops and maintains property contact listings; establishes and maintains landowner contact listings through continued research and analysis of available land for development; establishes and maintains builder and developer contacts for available lots.
- Assists in the evaluation process and inspection of land under consideration for acquisition; and recommends acquisition, disposition and other actions consistent with established Company guidelines and requirements.
- Negotiates price and contracts with sellers; coordination of preparation of contracts and closing documents.
- Monitors inventory of available excess lots for sale to other builders and developers.
- Preparation of land acquisition packages and participation in presentation for corporate approval.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
Persuasive attitude with outstanding negotiation and organizational skills; detail-oriented aptitude. Ability to research, interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to the acquisition and disposition of appropriate land sites. Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of organization. Strong marketing skills with ability to identify available products; capable of handling responsibility for large land purchase budget; required inventories and purchase of such. Decisiveness and good judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills to act with authority and take approved risks in an environment with little direction from others. Working knowledge of given market and geographical locations.
Minimum Education Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) of equivalent in specialized training from a four-year college or technical school combined with three years related experience.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Travel demands which require possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record to comply with Company-issued vehicle policies.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Sarasota, FL. View the Google Map in full screen.