Consumer Loan Audit Clerk
This position reports to the Supervisor of Consumer Loan Processing. Responsible for auditing booked loans for accuracy and compliance with existing underwriting guidelines, inputs and updates loan data into computer system and provides administrative support to loan officers.
- Audit multiple types of home equity loans, consumer loans, and modifications using checklists to verify accuracy of information and signature(s) on loan documents.
- Verify loans booked according to current policies and procedures and inputs information into the current lending system when applicable.
- Completes and sends audit correction notifications to branch managers and Central Loan Processing Supervisor and enters details of needed correction(s) on audit log.
- Monitors audit log and sends subsequent notices to ensure errors are corrected in a timely manner.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Loan Officers and staff regarding audit related questions.
- Must have graduated from high school or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a lending or financial organization or college degree is preferred.
- Must have experience in, or be able to gain proficiency in, all programs and systems used for this job.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently and within deadlines.
- Must be able to learn all company policies and procedures as they relate to this position. Must understand and comply with all job related state and federal laws and regulations.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.