555 S. Executive Drive, Brookfield, WI
We have an opening for a full-time Collector. The position is responsible for collecting on the credit union’s various loans and accounts, in an effort to minimize loss and enhance loss recovery. Regular hours are Monday–Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm, with occasional Saturdays.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Follows collection procedures in order to cure delinquent loans, various account types and other financial products.
- Uses auto dialer and makes manual phone calls on a daily basis.
- Recommends legal action, garnishment and repossession of collateral where necessary.
- Investigates the causes of the delinquency.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records of delinquency follow-up activity.
- Assists with Skip tracing both borrowers and negative accounts holders who do not leave contact information.
- Assigns letters and notices to be mailed to delinquent members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have graduated from high school or equivalent.
- One year of internal work experience with Landmark, prior customer service, or financial industry experience required.
- Collections experience at a financial institution preferred.
- Must have experience or be able to gain proficiency in all programs and systems used for this job.
- Must have the ability to use independent judgment and discretion in various situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must have a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to this position. Must understand and comply with all job-related State and federal laws and regulations.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.