Outbound Member Relationship Specialist
We are seeking an Outbound Member Relationship Specialist to join our Member Service Center. This position will Report to the Director - Member Relationships, this position is responsible for outreach to both new and existing members to maintain and deepen relationships by introducing new products and services and ensuring overall member satisfaction.
This role will interact with members to ensure any questions, issues, or concerns are addressed in a timely fashion as well as educating, instructing and assisting members with utilization of Landmark’s products and channel services (digital, mobile, ATM, etc.). You will welcome new members via phone or email to Landmark and ensure that each member is fully aware of our product offerings and utilizing the proper Landmark channel services (digital, mobile, ATM, etc.).
This position will also be responsible for contacting existing members who may have upcoming product deadlines (CD, Auto Loan or HELOC maturity, etc.) and actively work with them on retaining the assets and broadening the product(s) they currently hold. This role will also follow up with prospective members who have incomplete online account origination applications to assist them with any outstanding questions or concerns so those applications can be completed, and new member relationships can be established. This position will also engage in other proactive activities to prospective members.
Hours include rotating evenings and Saturdays.
- Contacts existing and potential members via telephone and email to promote the use of Credit Union products and services, as directed.
- Engages in conversations with members to uncover financial needs and goals recommending Landmark products as appropriate. Ensures each member is educated on available automated systems and fully equipped with the proper services including digital and mobile.
- Educates and builds relationships with members to help them achieve their full economic potential and guide members to the most efficient way to conduct business with Landmark.
- Provides solutions to members regarding financial products and services. Opens savings products and completes service requests. Cross sells accounts and loans, including making referrals to Landmark Investment Center.
- Contacts existing members with upcoming CD maturities, auto loan and Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) maturities to retain assets and broaden products held by member
- Works loan pipelines, understands loan documentation and follows through to obtain all required documentation from members. Schedules loan closings and funds disbursal at branch locations.
- Provides timely feedback to management regarding trends involving member perception and level of satisfaction with Credit Union products and services.
- Consistently sells GAP and Payment Protection to members.
- Provides required disclosures to applicants in a timely manner.
- Through phone and email contact, resolves member issues/problems and competently responds to member inquiries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and two years of customer service experience preferably within financial services.
- Prior outbound call center sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain credit bureau reports, liaise with members in satisfying loan stipulations, schedule closings and process loan documents.
- Strong knowledge of Landmark products and services.
- Demonstrated ability in understanding and recommending appropriate deposit and loan products based on member need.
- Demonstrated ability in providing excellent customer service.
- Must be comfortable making outbound calls to solicit Landmark Credit Union products and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion in various situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must have or be able to attain National Mortgage Licensing System registration (NMLS#).
- Must have a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to this position. Must understand and comply with all job-related state and federal laws and regulations.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.