Sr. BSA Associate
We are seeking a Sr. BSA Associate, this position reports to BSA Manager. They will performs day-to-day tasks to ensure Landmark’s compliance with Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations. This position will assist the BSA Manager with administration the OFAC, BSA/AML programs and related procedures in accordance with Landmark’s policies, procedures and applicable federal regulations. This position conducts case investigations, manages internal/external referrals and files suspicious activity reports as appropriate. Assists in training new associates and performing quality control reviews.
- Stays current with changes in BSA regulations and assists the BSA Manager in developing revisions to BSA Program, including creating or modifying policies, procedures, or program documents.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and information source for the BSA team. Assists in training and mentoring less experienced staff and new hires.
- Completes currency transaction reporting (CTR) as well as Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) investigations and SAR renewals.
- Works with the BSA Manager to complete QR of work completed by BSA Associates; identifies training needs and performance improvements for the team. Provides feedback to management on various training needs/desires of the BSA Team.
- Uses Landmark’s Core member data platform, BSA/AML system, and other data sources, complete and document reviews and clearly disposition alerts and cases accordingly.
- Identifies and designates high-risk accounts based on information received from other sources and submits referral to the EDD Analyst.
- Assists BSA Manager with training new associates on BSA/AML functions.
- In coordination with the EDD team, performs OFAC, CIP, CDD and EDD reviews as necessary.
- Assist with reviews of Landmark’s member and transaction records for compliance with FinCEN 314a and 314b requests.
- Assists BSA Manager with special projects, reports, training and/or presentations to communicate program updates.
- Attends annual and ad hoc BSA/AML training as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of direct BSA and OFAC experience at a financial institution. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of financial services and products as well as a working knowledge of BSA, AML and OFAC regulatory requirements and proven research skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and possess strong analytical skills. Must have demonstrated ability to function in a variety of programs and systems as part of job responsibilities.
- Experience using independent judgment and discretion in complex situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Proven ability to independently organize work, balancing multiple priorities and managing a variety of projects in a high-volume work environment with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and demonstrated ability to work across various departments and levels in an organization.
- Must have a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to the position. Must understand and comply with all job-related state and federal laws and regulations.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.