Mortgage Closing Coordinator
We have a Mortgage Closing Coordinator position open at our corporate office in Brookfield. This position reports to the Mortgage Closing Supervisor. Ensures all documents required for closing are received and ready for closing. Prepares complete closing packages according to secondary market guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contacts realtor, title company, or attorney for closing statement for purchases.
- Confirms that a title search was properly executed and that the title is in good order.
- Prepares the closing documents in an accurate, error-free manner.
- Obtains payoff statements for refinance transactions.
- Confirms that all required insurance policies have been purchased and will be in effect at the time of closing.
- Informs members of items needed for closing, i.e., amount of cashier’s check, homeowners insurance, identification requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have graduated from high school or equivalent and one year of Landmark experience or two years of experience preparing mortgage closing documents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all types of mortgage loans and a general overview of underwriting guidelines.
- Must have experience or be able to gain proficiency in all programs and systems used for this job.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to organize work, balance multiple priorities, manage a variety of projects in a fast-paced, flexible work environment with strong attention to detail and within defined deadlines.
- Must have the ability to use independent judgment and discretion in various situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must have a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to the position. Must understand and comply with all job related state and federal laws and regulations.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.