Mortgage Loan Originator - West Milwaukee
Landmark Credit Union has a reputation for providing the most competitive mortgage rates and the highest quality customer service to our members. We’re currently seeking an experienced and successful Commissioned Mortgage Loan Originator at our West Milwaukee branch. The position involves regular contact with borrowers via sales calls, networking, community involvement and phone solicitations. The Mortgage Loan Originator serves as the initial point of contact with new and existing members seeking mortgage loan guidance.
Pay is comprised of base + commissions and varies with the level of production.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Builds relationships with realtors, builders and other centers of influence within the local community.
- Manages a pipeline of mortgage loans – from origination through closing.
- Takes mortgage loan applications, provides required disclosures to applicants, obtains credit reports, and completes/submits necessary paperwork to mortgage underwriters.
- Cross-sells Landmark’s other products and services and makes referrals to the Landmark Investment Center.
- Represents Landmark Credit Union in the community by becoming actively involved in appropriate community activities.
- Attends and participates in all Mortgage Originator meetings.
- Handles member problems and questions as needed.
- Keeps up-to-date on Landmark’s loan products, processing procedures, and underwriting guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years of lending experience with a minimum of two years of experience as a commissioned mortgage loan officer with proven production volume.
- Thorough understanding of all types of mortgage products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a National Mortgage Licensing System registration number (NMLS#).
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.