Manager, Indirect Loan Underwriting
We are seeking an Indirect Loan Underwriting Manager, who will report to the Vice President, Indirect Lending. The Indirect Loan Underwriting Manager is responsible for the timely and thorough underwriting of loan and lease applications. This position ensures the quality of underwriting by maintaining awareness of federal/state regulations and company guidelines, policies and procedures. They will lead the Indirect Loan Underwriting team in achieving goals through coaching, development and training.
- Manages the Indirect loan underwriting staff including hiring, training, performance management and coaching and development.
- Works with the Vice President, Indirect Lending to set goals and objectives, execute the business plan and analyze, improve and implement results in the areas of loan decisioning, quality, service, process improvement, technology and operations.
- Establish and ensure adequate staffing, goals setting, and performance standards
- Establishes, maintains and leads the Indirect underwriting policies, procedures, processes, and compliance standards and ensures that documentation complies with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Participate and provide support as needed to new and existing projects within the department and credit union as needed.
- Assist, present, and discuss informational topics at department meetings and training.
- Leads a team of Indirect underwriters to evaluate and decision loan and lease applications in accordance with established policy and procedure and within prescribed turnaround times and ensures compliance with applicable regulations.
- Proactively identifies efficiencies within job functions to increase effectiveness of the department and to reduce overall dealer wait times. Works with other departments to recommend and implement approved improvements and/or changes.
- Reviews processes to lower underwriting errors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience processing and/or underwriting indirect or consumer loans with at least 2 years managing loan underwriters. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Experience with Indirect lending or consumer loan underwriting structures within a financial institution.
- Demonstrated success in leading a team to achieve business results and goals.
- Proven expert knowledge of lending/compliance regulations, underwriting guidelines and document requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion in various situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work some evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to the position. Must understand and comply with all job-related state and federal laws and regulations.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.